Thursday 2 July 2009

Gear change

Keen to impress, I was making sure that budgets were stuck to and expectations were exceeded on any job I undertook (as it always should be).

I got a call from a man who owned a rather rare 1960 Humber Super Snipe Estate that had been sat in his garage for 15 years (it turned out that he was actually the chairman of the Humber owners club and felt that maybe he ought to have the car out on the road again). Having looked over the 356C, he agreed to allow me to carry out the extensive restoration work on his ‘poor mans Rolls’.

Next project came from my rather brazen promotion to the VW community on the Volkszone forum. A chap had a couple of bay window campers and one of them was to be his parents' retirement camper. Unfortunately, the restoration required was so huge that nobody wanted to take the task on. I however was only too pleased to get stuck into it and we agreed a very reasonable price.

On the first anniversary of Sterling Automotive being formed, the camper is progressing nicely and I have a good flow of jobs Ok, cash is still as critical as it ever was, profit margins are tight and I still can’t be sure where the next job will come from but you know…. I’m really enjoying my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment